We are Wrap-Pro Inc. (hereinafter “Wrap-Pro”, “we”. “our” “us”), its business and subsidiaries operating under the Wrap-Pro Brand. This policy covers solely the information gathered through wrap-pro.ca and not through offline transactions. Please also visit our [Terms & Conditions Section] establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website. By using our site, you consent to the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy and the Terms & Conditions page.
What we collect
We collect Personal Data that you provide on our website in connection with any inquiries, or requests you make in relation to our services.
- Types of Information Collected. May include but is not limited to:
- When you request an online quote, we collect your name, email and phone number, to provide you with our services.
- When you visit and navigate our site, click on third party links provided on our website, or open our emails, we collect technical information about your use of our site, including IP address, device identifier, and viewing information.
- How We Collect Information. We collect much of the information listed above directly from you when you submit it on our website. If you do not want to share this type of information, you can choose not to participate in a particular service or activity.
- Direct Collection; We collect much of the information listed above directly from you when you submit it on our website. If you do not want to share this type of information, you can choose not to participate in a particular service or activity.
- Technology’s Used on this Site.
- User ID for Google Analytics: Google Analytics makes use of a feature called “User ID.” This setup allows for a more accurate tracking of users by associating that user with the same ID over various sessions and devices. It is set up in a way that does not allow Google to personally identify an individual or permanently identify a particular device. The User ID extension might make it possible to connect data from Google Analytics with other data about the user collected through this website. The opt-out link below will only opt you out for the device you are on, but not from tracking performed independently by the Owner.
- To opt out of tracking through Google Analytics, please contact us via the contact information provided at the end of this Policy. You can also learn more about this technology and how to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Social Media: The wrap-pro.ca website permits you to use third party social networking platforms, such as Facebook®, and/or Instagram®. This also includes use of social media plugins such as “Like”, “. When you use these social networking platforms and plugins, they may be able to collect information about you, including your activity or may notify your connections on the social networking platform about your use of this website. Such services may allow your activity to be monitored across multiple websites for purposes of delivering more targeted advertising. Please note that their own privacy policies apply, and we encourage you to read them. We may add new social networking plugins and buttons to our websites from time to time.
- Facebook/Instagram We may use Facebook, and/or Instagram to promote interest-based advertisements to users who have previously visited our site and to measure how users interact with those advertisements. We may do this using web tracking tools or by converting the email address, phone number, or other contact information you have provided us. Please visit Facebook for information on Facebook’s advertising privacy policies and how to opt out https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Purpose of Information Collected. Below we have set out the various purposes for which we process your Personal Data:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs,
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you,
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs,
- To process purchase transactions,
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature,
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide during registration will be used for:
- Order processing: we’ll send you information and updates pertaining to your order,
- Tailored marketing: we’ll send you information on products and services tailored to your interests.
- Sharing of Information Collected. Other than the third-party marketing partners we listed above, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your information to outside parties, except when we have your permission. However, we may disclose your information in order to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. (see table below):
comply with legal processes. enforce our terms and conditions. comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence. protect our operations or those of any of our Franchise’s. respond to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence. protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Franchise’s, you or others. recover our products or any monies due, such as debt collection agencies. allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Retention of Information Collected.
- Data Retention: We retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or unless otherwise allowed or required by law. We collect Personal Data for a number of purposes (above) and may be required to retain it for legal reasons for a period which is longer than the time we require or use the data for the purpose of providing our services to you. We maintain a data retention policy to cover all the Personal Data we retain across our systems. If you have any questions about the retention period applying to the Personal Data we collect about you, please contact us (see Section H.).
- Security Measures: Information is stored and accessed in various locations and through cloud services. Servers which store information are primarily located in Canada, the United States, and Europe, although storage may occur in other locations as well. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (a) to safeguard Personal Data against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of your Personal Data. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of any logon IDs and passwords, Member numbers, or other identifiers or credentials you may have set up or were provided with in connection with your participation in or use of our products, services, or websites.
- Information Transmissions: As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet or wireless networks all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted. If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us.
We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative. For example, but not limitation, we may send you an e-mail or a text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail or messages. This means that our message, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted messages. Such messages may contain Personal Data. Please do not include confidential information, such as your credit or debit card number or account passwords, within any e-mail or text you send to us or on any posting you make to a public area of a third-party social network page, especially since any such posting immediately becomes public. For a more secure way to communicate with us over the Internet, please click on the “Contact Us” link on our website.
- Questions or Changes. CONTACT US: We do business in many countries and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the Personal Data we collect and use. Should you have a concern or complaint about our handling of your Personal Data, you may contact us directly via the methods described below. We will work to respond and resolve your complaints in an expeditious manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com or writing to the address below if you have any questions, wish to exercise your rights of access, or seek other assistance as described above.
Data Protection Officer
#2120 – 21000 Westminster Highway
Canada, V6V 2S9
CHANGES: We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time for any reason by posting revisions on this webpage. Such changes will be effective upon posting but will not apply retroactively. Whenever we make a material change, we will note the date of such update in the introductory page above and post a note on the home page of our website.
This Policy was last updated on October 01, 2019.